University House TCU



What does the rent include?


What is an individual lease?


Are the apartments furnished?


What floor plans do you have?


Is there a deposit? Any other fees due at lease signing?


How long is the lease term?


When is move in day?


Is there a roommate matching program?


Can I request a specific apartment?


Do I have to pay for parking?

More FAQs

What is a guarantor?

Since most residents are full-time students, a guarantor is needed to get your lease agreement approved. A guarantor can be one of your parents, aunt, uncle, older sibling, etc. All residents go through a background screening and a consumer report is required for guarantors, which is similar to a credit check. The income requirement for a guarantor is 4.5 times the monthly rental amount. Your guarantor does not need to be present in order to sign your lease at University House, we can simply send the paperwork to your guarantor electronically.

Can I sign a lease without a guarantor?

Yes, you can sign a lease agreement without a guarantor. If you plan to qualify on your own, the income requirement is 3 times the monthly rental amount. You will also need to provide proof of income as well as pass the background and consumer report based upon our rental criteria.

What paperwork is required to secure a room/apartment at University House?

Since University House is student housing and offers individual leases, each resident is required to complete the rental application, roommate matching form (if you know who you want to live with or if you are using our matching service), and most importantly, the lease agreement. We will also need a copy of your government issued I.D. Your guarantor will have to complete the guarantor application, guaranty agreement and we will need their government issued I.D as well.

Will there be courtesy patrol at University House?

UH is a controlled access building, so you must have a specifically programmed key to access the building at all times. UH also has security officers who patrol the building during peak times, such as the weekend.

What is the proximity to campus?

University House is 1 block from TCU campus - located on the corner of University and Devitt across the street from Kroger.

Can I break the lease?

University House does not have a clause in the lease agreement that allows residents or future residents with an approved lease agreement to cancel the lease. If for any reason you need to get out of your lease agreement, you may relet your apartment/bed space. There are two ways in which you may choose to do this. 1- Unassisted relet-which is a fee of $200 and you are responsible for finding the person to take over your lease. The person MUST be approved before the old resident is released from the lease agreement. 2- Assisted relet- which is a fee of 85% of one month’s rent. We then place your name on the relet list and assist throughout the process in helping to find someone to take over the lease. The 85% of one month’s rent must be paid in advance before University House can assist the resident. University House is obligated to our vacancies first. Whichever route you choose, the relet must be approved by management, otherwise penalties and fees will apply.

Where can I find the resident handbook?

University House will give all incoming residents a handbook on move in day. We also have the resident handbook available online.

Are the amenities open 24/7?

The clubhouse, study room, and workout facility will all be open 24/7. The H2O deck and roof top lounge will close at 12pm.

How do I receive mail and packages?

Each apartment will have a mailbox at University House, so if you have roommates, you will share the mailbox. If you have packages delivered that will not fit in the mailbox, we will accept them in the leasing office, notify you, then have you sign for your package with photo I.D. present.

Does University House allow pets?

Yes, University House TCU is a pet friendly community and accepts non-aggressive dogs and cats only. Before acquiring a pet, you must pay the associated fees which are a $250 refundable pet deposit, $150 non-refundable pet fee as well as $25 per month. There is a max of 2 pets per apartment and the associated fees must be paid per pet. There are 2 pet stations. One is located on the ground level, behind the leasing office and the second is located on the 2nd floor of the parking garage. If you are in any floor plan besides a one bedroom, please have roommate consent. For any other questions, regarding pets, please see the UH rule book.

How do I pay my rent?

University House offers many different payment options for you to choose from. You may set up monthly ACH payments, or pay by check or money order in the office. You may also make a payment online, however there is a convenience fee associated with an online payment, which will appear prior to submitting payment.

Is renters insurance required?

Renters Insurance is not required at University House but is highly recommended. Renters insurance is very inexpensive and covers your personal belongings in the event of a fire, theft, or natural disaster. University House is not liable under these circumstances.

What if I need maintenance is my bedroom or apartment?

Once you move in, you may submit a service request online or simply call the leasing office or come by and see us. If there is a maintenance emergency outside of office hours, you may call the leasing office number, then listen for the option for maintenance.

What type of events will be held at University House? Who plans the events?

We host monthly resident events that our UH team plans and organizes specifically for you! We plan community-wide events like pool parties, resident breakfasts, contests and group outings. These events are always fun and very social as well as a great way to meet friends at University House!